Why do runners get injured?
With Matt Bergin, Chartered Physiotherapist from Performance Team
Reduce your risk of injury and make yourself a more robust, more efficient and better runner
Over 60% of runners experience at least one injury every year.
Are you someone that has experienced many injuries or feel like you’re always carrying a niggle? Or have you had repeated spells of time off running, only for the same ache, pain, tightness or stiffness only to return a few months later?
Far too often the root cause of running related injuries are not addressed.
That three year history of calf or lower back pain that plagues your running, with simple foam rolling or stretching being the only thing that seems to help, only for the same issue to arise time and time again. But what is the cause of the calf or lower back pain?
Matt Bergin is an international runner and highly experienced Chartered Physiotherapist with long experience of working with runners from elite to recreational. He brings all his expertise to this workshop to improve your knowledge about common running injuries and how to deal with them.
The workshop includes
- What are the most common running injuries?
- What are the common causes of running related injury?
- Video gait analysis – what is it and what do I look for when assessing runners?
- How to implement strategies to reduce your chances of developing injury
- Personalised plan – basic strength and mobility exercises as well as running drills, based on video gait analysis findings.
2 hours online masterclass plus individual follow up
Limited to 6 participants to ensure you get the maximum opportunity to engage.
Google OneDrive folder – you will receive a link to your online folder which is where you can upload your video gait analysis clips. This is where your exercises will be located following the presentation.
Video gait analysis guide – this will be located on the OneDrive folder.
Post Masterclass you get your own personal feedback
- Video gait analysis – assessment and feedback based off videos provided
- Personalised program – basic strength and mobility exercises, as well as specific running drills, all based off your video gait analysis and individual athlete history.
£60 per person